These are some things that we discovered this month and loved. These include everything from beauty products to music and anything/everything in between.
*For your convenience, all the pictures link to their respective websites
- Exit Wounds – The Script
Everyone’s heard Break Even by them, but this is a great one, too. You really feel his pain when he sings.
- Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
He’s been EVERYWHERE lately and I honestly didn’t think I’d like his music. I stand corrected. So far, this is the only song of his that I’ve heard, but I can already tell that I’m going to like his stuff.
- Tomorrow Never Knows – The Beatles
I was surprised that I hadn’t heard this before. It’s more of their psychedelic stuff and I REALLY like it. It’s so different from the Beatles music that I’m used to listening to.
- Chinese translation & Requiem by M. Ward
His style kinda reminds me of Andrew Bird. It’s nice, mellow music for when I’m in that mood.
I LOVE their sound. It’s super folksy. Check out In Our Talons, My Oldest Memory, and Bur Oak
- Our Love is Easy– Melody Gardot
I heard this in a coffee shop and just fell in LOVE. It gives me chills every time!
- Safeway Select Peach Pineapple Salsa – Its pretty sweet, but if you’re into that then this is definitely worth giving a try. It’s sweet but still has that tang to it (and it goes amazingly with fish).
- Jacksgap – Such a cute British Youtuber! Very entertaining and easy on the eyes (plus he has a twin! Double the pleasure).
- TheOliWhiteTv (formerly OliWhiteTv) – I was introduced to him through a collab he did with Jack. A little secret: I love british Youtubers. Just hearing them talk in their adorable accents makes me want to hit the subscribe button (but these guys really are talented).
- Elizaplaystheguitars – She’s Jacksgap’s cousin. She is SO adorable! Her username says it all: she sings and plays the guitars. Her style is very Zooey Deschanel.
- Pintester – This woman is hysterical! She tries out all the stuff she sees on Pinterest & blogs about how epicly they fail most of the time. Such a hoot!
- The Beauty Department– Many many beauty pins come from this blog. It has so many makeup & hair tips and tricks. It’s definitely one of my go-to beauty blogs.
- Big fish – I just found this movie really…nice. It’s (somewhat) family-friendly and it has a good message. The narration and effects reminded me of Pushing Daisies (anyone remember that show??). Plus, every single celebrity ever is in it (from Danny DeVito to Baby Miley Cyrus and everyone in between)
- Salvidor Dali-I’ve always been vaguely familiar with his work, but this month I got really into it. Check out my Art board on Pinterest for some of my favorite pieces of his.
- Betsy Walton – I love artwork that’s reminiscent of children’s book illustrations but with a more grown up taste. Another artist like her is Jennifer Davis
- ’81 – Jonna Newsom – The first time I heard of this song was a cover, so I checked out the original and I absolutely love it. Yeah, I’ll admit it’s quite strange but that’s what I love about it. I love the quirky lyrics and Newsom’s unique style.
- Trembling Hands – The Temper Trap – I love these guys! They’re one of my favorite bands and this song is off of their new album. When listening to their music, you can feel the emotion behind each note and word. They’re amazing!
- Leaving Heartbreak Hotel – The Temper Trap – Another song off their new album. Once again…so good!
- Plain Gold Ring – Kimbra – I heard this song performed live when I went to see Foster the People and Kimbra was opening up for them. She was incredible live! This is a very mellow song and I’ve been listening to it on repeat recently.
Trader Joe’s Semi-Sweet CC Cookie Recipe – If you’re looking for a great CC Cookie Recipe, boy have I found one! Follow the directions behind the CC bag and after 30 minutes you’ll be one happy camper! Enjoy :)
JacksGap – Yup Audrey and I both discovered him during the same month. I might have a bit of a crush on him actually…
PointlessBlog – His name is Alfie and yes he’s English as well. I think he is just so adorable and I love a majority of his videos.
Sam Pepper – This guy has no social boundaries. His videos are so funny and entertaining. He always says what everyone else is thinking and it’s awesome.
MarcusButlerTV – “HEELLLOOO” is how he starts every video. He does mostly vlogs and he’s best friends with Alfie from PointlessBlog so they do a lot of video collabs/challenges together. Again, very entertaining.
Caspar Lee – He’s the only one in this little Youtube group who’s not an Englishman. He’s from South Africa and has the most random humor (and amazing hair).
FashionRocksMySocks – Youtube fashion channel that I recently started following. Her name is Rhiannon and I love her style!
Melissa & Joey – I love Melissa Joan Hart because Sabrina the Teenage Witch was one of my favorite TV shows growing up. Since I’m a fan, I thought I would watch an episode of her fairly new show (there are only 2 seasons) and I actually ended up really liking it! It’s an easy watch and I find myself laughing a lot during each episode.
Love & Beauty Ombre À Paupieres Eyeshadow- I saw this by the cash registers at Forever 21 and it was about 2 dollars. I really liked the color and I thought it would be a perfect for everyday wear. I literally have been wearing it everyday for this past month. I love it! It kind of reminds me of MAC’s rice paper.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC37 – I got this as a gift about a year ago and I just recently started wearing it. I think its a great light weight foundation with great coverage!
Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm – This is probably my official favorite product of the month. I wear it everyday! It’s somewhere between a chapstick and lipgloss. It really hydrates my lips and I will definitely repurchase it.
Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara – All the hype you’ve been hearing about this product is true. I’ve wanted to try it for so long but always thought $25 for mascara is ridiculous. But, I finally treated myself and I gotta say it’s worth every penny.
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk – Omgosh this product smells SO SO good. I don’t know about you guys but after I straighten/curl my hair there’s a slight gross burnt smell. This smoothing milk helps remove that smell and also helps with frizz. This bottle has lasted me for months and there is still plenty of product left. I really recommend it!
Those are our monthly favorites. If you’re familiar with any of the things we mentioned, let us know what you think! Hope this was helpful. Maybe you’ll discover a new favorite for your list ! Stay tuned for our September favorites :)